Sunday, November 17, 2013

REvising

This is a screen shot showing the editing I did to my paper on "Beauty these Days", in class.


This is a screen shot of the revising I did with my paper on "Education". In this revision I didn't really do too much but add things to it.


The last draft I have revised was "What is Perfect?" This is just a small section of what was edited. I used many different colors for each of my pieces, all of which showing that different things I have done to each paper. Such as deleting, adding, replacing, and reordering


 I found that following the steps on REvision paper she gave us really helped in taking the revision one step at a time to be able to really pick my paper apart to see what needed to be taken out or added or re-ordered or replaced. I've also noticed that when I revise a paper it's a lot like the way I create a drawing. I always start with a rough idea of what I want the picture to look like then I go on and find areas that need to be reshaped or changes and this process is like a domino effect. Once I see one area that needs tweaking, I then see another that needs help until it resembles the original but it is also another picture in it's self. This class has taught me that becoming a good writer isn't something you are necessarily born with. Writers start out with their rough ideas and put them down and then revise them and then go back and add things and take out others, sometimes replacing ideas with new ones. All while toying with new ways to convey their thinking so that things will flow in a poetic and intelligent way.

1 comment:

  1. When we had to go back and revise these papers, I found it easiest to use the color system. This way I could pick out exactly what I wanted to do. I thought that this was a great strategy that Lacy taught us how to use.

    ReplyDelete